CARES is a ministry of Agape Christian Fellowship that seeks to Connect, Advocate, Resource, Educate and Support. CARES Ministry provides access to information, community resources, and social service programs to help individuals and families in need.
Below is a list with information and local community resources available for those needing assistance due to COVID-19.
Assistance with Past Due Rent, Mortgage, and/or Utilities
A MESSAGE FROM DR. PHIL
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine” declares the Lord (Isaiah 43:1b). These are the exact sentiments we, the leadership team of ACF would like to convey to you. We have been closely monitoring the development of the Coronavirus and its rapid spread in the continental United States and around the world.
We want you to know that as a church we want you to focus on three things; First, let’s continue praying for God’s divine favor and protection to cover everyone. We know that when God’s people pray, heaven responds quickly. Second, we want you continue to be vigilant by following the recommendations of the local, state and federal officials. Do this by practicing common sense habits such as regular hand washing, using sanitizers and limiting physical contact with unknown persons etc. Third, we urge you to refuse to live in fear! We are confident that our God is in control of all human affairs, even COVID-19.
Further, we are fully committed to ensuring that our facilities at ACF are sanitized at a higher rate of frequency. We are looking into bringing in a health expert to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Rest assured, we will do everything possible to make your health and safety our highest priority while on ACF property. We will continue to have our regular services and church activities ONLINE until further notice from officials. We plan to keep our community together by providing regular updates via email and text. Also, we will continue to make our presence known and felt via regular live online church services.
Praying and trusting with you,
Dr. Phil Phillips
How to Stay in Touch with ACF
Please continue to follow us on all social media platforms:
FINANCIALLY SUPPORTING ACF
During this global crisis, we continue to trust God to sustain His church through the faithfulness and generosity of His people. You can continue to invest and support ACF with your financial gifts.
8270 Buckingham Road
Fort Myers, FL 33905
Text: Text GIVE to 239-785-2202
Mail checks to:
Agape Christian Fellowship
PO BOX 1873
Lehigh Acres, FL 33970
- Coronaviruses are types of viruses that typically affect the respiratory tracts of birds and mammals.
- First Isolated 1937.
- The name “coronavirus” comes from the crown-like projections on their surfaces. “Corona” in Latin means “halo” or “crown.”
Type of Corona Viruses
- There are 7 types and the most common are Alpha and Beta corona viruses.
- But trains that cause more severe complications are MERS-CoV, which causes Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), and SARS-CoV, causing severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
- Last year , in 2019, a new strain called SARS-CoV-2 started circulating, causing the disease called “COVID-19”.
Symptoms usually appear 2–14 days after exposure and are the following:
- Shortness of breath
- In rare cases, pneumonia and renal failure
How Does It Spread?
- Person to Person
- Spread from contact with infected surfaces or objects
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- It is possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus, and eventually touching other parts of his or her body and get infected.
Symptoms of Allergies, Flu & Coronavirus
- Itchy nose, eyes or palate of the mouth
- Runny and stuffy nose
- Watery, red or swollen eyes
- Muscle ache
- Chills and sweats
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
What to Do if Infected
- Stay home ( except to get medical care)
- Avoid public area, public transportation
- Cover the mouth when sneezing
- Washing hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer
Unfortunately, there is no actual treatment for COVID 19, the best way to protect yourself and your family is to follow the simple gestures described below.
What TO DO
Use Hand Sanitizer
Cover the Mouth
And don't forget, we are a community.
We are here to support you in prayer.